Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Adventureland Soundtrack:Days Of Summer-Music From The Motion Picture

I remember seeing 500 Days Of Summer on opening weekend back in 2009 and I still consider it one of the best films of that year. I'm a huge fan of the 80s alternative rock group The Smiths and when I herd them in the movie, I was excited. I was happy to hear two songs of theirs make it on the soundtrack. "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" is a beautiful song that I still love and get pleasure out of listening to. "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" also appears on the soundtrack along with a cover version from She & Him. The other artists on this soundtrack I didn't know of at the time but I have to thank this soundtrack for introducing me to them. I own all of Regina Spektor's albums now after falling in love with the songs "Us" and "Hero". The Temper Trap was an up and coming act at the time and I bought their album Conditions which I higly recommend. Feist is another brilliant artist, if you enjoy Regina Spektor that you will like her music as well. Doves is another great band and I highly recommend their album, The Last Broadcast. I have yet to hear Zooey Deschanel's duo act group She & Him but after being impressed with their cover of The Smiths classic, I know I will love them.



500 Days Of Summer should become a future cult classic and this soundtrack is a unique mixture of pop, folk, new wave and punk. Along with Adventureland, this was the best soundtrack that I herd that year. Check out the film and discover the amazing artists featured on the soundtrack, you will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment